One of the great things about the community we’re had rally around us to build our house is seeing friends begin and progress with their own building projects. We had a visit from Hans and Cath yesterday who are just hitting the accelerator with their strawbale house build. They also have a blog and a very cool website (see link below). They also brought a very delicious walnut, banana, pecan and chocolate cake (thanks Cath, yummmmmm!). So it was really great to catch up and get the latest on their build.
We thought that you might be interested to see where some of these projects are at, so we’ve created a new area on the website with links to these pages. Have a look here at our other links and resources.
- Our straw bale owner builder friends Cam and Leora's website and blog: http://camleora.id.au
- Our very good friend (and website designer) Matt Noyes has a great website about their rammed earth house building adventures: http://noyes.com.au
- Our friends Hans and Cath who are straw bale owner builders near Ballarat: http://hansandcath.info
- Our friend Jonas who is building a log home in USA: http://gallery.me.com/jonasthaler
- Our friend Ari who allowed us to help her build her straw bale house back in 2008 so we could get some serious hands on experience before building ourselves: http://web.me.com/summerfilmschool/Site/Photos.html#grid
I hope this will be interesting as both a comparison to our build and also create opportunities for readers to get some additional contacts, information or experience. There are a lot of different building situations requiring different approaches, so enjoy some of the journeys that our friends are on.