Funny then that I'd want to write about yet another thing started, but it has been on my mind for months. The lining underneath the eaves which will prevent birds taking up residence in our rafters and protect us from fire is underway. We chose to go with zincalume which will mirror what is on the roof. We had leftovers from our roofing - offcuts, partly damaged sheets and a couple of extras never used which I have been wondering what the heck to do with. Just having them sitting around is always a wind risk, and flying sheets of metal are not friendly things. So I'm relieved to have found some use for them. We don't like wastage.
So yesterday we had Jo, Rick, Cam and Nic coming to help and Rick, Cam and I got to work fixing on the first of the sheets to the eaves. For the job I bought a nibbler for cutting the sheets to the right shape and size. Working upside down is a bit difficult, but we found a way and it was very satisfying seeing the eaves being covered up. Once on, we'll be able to launch into ceiling work with full confidence knowing that the wind won't be blowing through the rafters and messing with the nicely laid insulation.
Jo and Nic started putting on the final render coat on our pantry and they are instant experts. After they had gone, Cam and I went in to have a look and they'd progressed much further than I had expected. Great work! We are moving along very nicely with the internal final coat. On Saturday Merav and I worked on the hall wall so that's well on the way too. We intend to leave a few non-essential rooms unfinished until we get more time so in context of that progress is good.
I've had so much fun this weekend and there has been a lot achieved. Into another week.